The European Union has taken a step in protecting the fundamental right to privacy in EU with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which will be in effect from May 25, 2018. GDPR clarifies how the EU personal data laws apply even beyond the borders of the EU. Any organization that works with EU residents’ personal data in any manner, irrespective of location, has obligations to protect the data. Truconnect Technologies is aware and is taking every measure to support its users and customers meet their GDPR mandates.
Truconnect Technologies Commitment
At Truconnect Technologies, we have always honored our users' right to data privacy and protection. We have never served ads to our users. We do not serve ads even to customers using the free editions of our products. This means that we have no necessity to collect and process users' personal information. We have never done that and will continue supporting that approach.
Like many other mobile application vendors, we rely on data to provide our services. As said, this data is non-personalized, we have strict procedure to protect that data and we allow our users, by means of OS permissions disapproval, to deny us the ability to collect and use their data.
How is Truconnect Technologies preparing for GDPR?
Truconnect Technologies is making all necessary effort to be GDPR compliant across all its applications, by the time the regulation comes into effect. As a data-oriented company, product and services, Truconnect Technologies understands its obligation to help customers get ready for the target day. We have thoroughly analyzed GDPR requirements and have taken all necessary precautions to meet them.
The action we took to be GDPR compliance:
· Identifying personal data - Each of our different applications was checked and verified it is not collecting any direct personal information at any level of personal data collection, usage, storage and disposal. We have put in place a security mechanism that any data that can be indirectly regarded as personal, will be encrypted and thus meaningless to non-authorized personal.
· Enabling users to deny our ability to collect data - each of our applications, both the free and the commercial ones, have a mean to allow the users to deny the application ability to collect data by setting the right OS permissions to disable specific data collection thus our ability to collect any data of that kind.
· Providing visibility and transparency - GDPR has directives of how the collected data is used. Our role is to provide our customers visibility to understand how the data is managed and protected. We are exploring ways to make optimal product enhancements without compromising on performance so that we can provide better transparency to our customers.
· Enhancing data integrity and security - Data privacy and data security are key elements in GDPR compliance. We're reviewing and enhancing the processes for our cloud and on-premise applications and data warehouses by implementing IT policies and procedures that provide end-to-end security.
· Portability and transferability of data - GDPR gives end users the right to either receive all the data provided and processed by the controller or transfer it to another controller depending on technical feasibility. Truconnect Technologies enables users to enquire if any of their personal data was collected and export their individual data if such was collected.
Which data elements fall under the GDPR?
The GDPR applies to information that directly or indirectly could identify an individual. This includes information, such as names, addresses, phone numbers, date of birth, as well as IP addresses, cookie identifiers, device information, advertising identifiers, financial information, geo-location information, social media information, consumer preferences, etc.
Personal information we collect automatically when you use our Services that falls under GDPR
- We collect information we receive from mobile devices you use when you use our applications. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
- Location information from your mobile device when you use our application.
- Device information
- Connection information such as statistics on your traffic and connectivity sessions to wireless.
Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of the above information and the ability to collect it by any application on your mobile device in the device's settings menu.
Information we don’t collect
Due to the nature of our applications and service, we don’t use and collect the following information:
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses
- Bidding, buying, or selling information or other transaction-based information
- Financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers
- Postage and billing information
- Age, gender, interests and favorites
- Web browsing information including URLs and what you do in these websites
- Transactions and the use you do with applications installed on your device
- Social media information
To inquire if we have collected any of your personal data, request to receive such data or delete it from our repositories please click here: